Friday, February 13, 2009

My Creed

My Creed:

I believe in one God, who is the Creator, who is personally in relationship with me, and whose operating ethic, process, influence and force is Love. I am in awe of God and his Presence, and acknowledge His primordial leadership and model for all people.

I believe that I am blessed and beloved and strive to share in the experience of God’s Goodness and Bounty with everyone, through the celebration of my own creativity, which is bestowed because I am made in the image of the Creator.

I believe that God is revealed by prayer, critical thinking, discussion and education. I believe that God is obscured by ignorance and revealed in all things through disciplined, honest and humble observation.

I believe that my meaning and purpose is realized and revealed in my service of others. Orthopraxy is the most important element of orthodoxy; what I do is the true reflection of what I believe.

I believe that health and self-improvement are mandated by God, and a commitment to healthy habits and excellence in thought and deed is the soul of God’s law.

I believe that God actively participates in our world in tangible and intangible ways, often beyond my powers of observation, comprehension and/or understanding.

No comments: